Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Inauguration

My girlfriend, who is a wonderful person, and who spends countless hours listening to me vent my frustrations about the business, finally is holding me to account for my own work, and at her encouragement, I have decided to start this blog.

A little background on me: I am a playwright, and also assist the literary department at a mid-sized talent agency in New York City, and I have spent the last two years since graduating college struggling to find my way as a playwright here in New York. I have spent a lot of time working on getting on my feet and getting my rent paid, and now that I have a great full time job, I am dedicating myself to getting my plays out into the world.

What this blog is for, is for me to go out and find any opportunity I can to submit my work, and then share that information with the public, posting information about the theater company or producers, and sharing submission information for other writers, actors, directors, or people who are just interested in the theater in general. Hopefully it will provide exposure for my own work as well as the amazing work that small theater companies across the city and country are doing every day. Please check back later this week for an update, as I will be hopefully posting entries every Tuesday and Thursday.

-Gavin

No comments:

Post a Comment