Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I wanna be a producer...

My newest play, simply titled "Prince", is about a twenty-five year old male's quarter life crisis as a member of the millenial generation. In one day, Prince, the young man in question, finds out that his father is dead of a heart attack, and that his roommate will be moving out and getting married. It is a cynical, dark comedy that asks the question, "What does it mean to become an adult in the twenty-first century?

Prince says it best in act one of the play: "I think the only way to really accomplish something on this planet is to never work for anyone else. Never take orders from anyone".

I am embarking on a journey to produce the play myself. So far, I have put together a preliminary budget, hired a stage manager and a casting director, brought on two associate producing partners, created a production timeline, set goals for myself, and am currently learning how to create a kickstarter campaign to raise money.

I have brought my writing blog back from the dead to document this experience from the ground up, and to see what I can accomplish without taking orders from anyone.

Updates to come soon.

2 comments:

  1. Great start !
    How can one donate to your production fund?

    Carey Lewis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carey!

      So good to hear from you. I will be sure to post my fundraising link to the blog and also to facebook when it goes live.

      Thanks so much in advance for the support. I hope everything is great with you!

      -Gavin

      Delete